Date modified: October 22, 2021
Enzym is a real-world, instant and quirky game that lets you meet players, chat with them, and receive gift coupons fast.
We understand that confidentiality is paramount when sharing your location. That’s why we’ve built features into ENZYM that give you both visibility and control over what you share.
When you use our services, you share information with ENZYM SAS which is responsible for data processing.
To create an account, we only need an email address. Your username is used to identify you on ENZYM, and your email is used to authenticate your account.
The profile information of your ENZYM account is public to easily allow you to easily meet other players who are at the same time and in the same place.
ENZYM is an application using geolocation. In order for you to take full advantage of our services, ENZYM will need to access your geolocation data.
In order to provide our services to you, we may need to transfer your information to third parties located outside the EU.
If you live in the European Union, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country of residence. For example, if you live in France, you can file a complaint with the CNIL
You have the right to give us instructions relating to the processing (deletion or retention) of your personal data after your death.
Information we collect
The information you provide
When you use our services, we collect information that you choose to share with us.
- Registration. When registering on ENZYM, you give us a pseudonym and your email address. During this process, we send you an email containing a code, which allows us to authenticate your account (we believe that this method of verification is both simpler and more secure compared to the use of a password).
- Profile picture. If you wish, you can also add a photo to your profile. Of course, you can change your photo and your username at any time, and use whatever you want: just go to the app settings.
- Location. ENZYM is a location-based service. For the app to work optimally, we need to access your precise location and keep your location history. You give us this via your phone settings. We collect your geolocation by different methods including GPS, wireless networks, cell phone towers, Wi-Fi hotspots and other sensors like gyroscopes, accelerometers and compasses. Your geolocation information is always time stamped. Without this, we would not be able to offer you the functionality of our Services.
- Communications. You can also provide us with information when you send data through our services, such as messages, images, videos, emojis or other media that you send to your friends. We also keep metadata associated with these exchanges, such as the date and time when these messages were sent.
Information we can get when you use ENZYM
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity in ENZYM. For example, on the way you communicate with your friends: their usernames, the times and dates of your exchanges, the number of messages and emojis you send, the time at which you open your messages, your meet your friends.
- Information on your phone. We collect various information specific to your device: phone name, phone model, operating system version, advertising identifier of your phone, identifiers linked only to the application, unique identifiers of the device, language of the phone, names wireless networks, IP addresses and general mobile network information.
- Position information. We collect location information to provide you with an effective social instant dating service.
Information we collect from third parties
We may obtain information from other companies we operate, or from third party sources, and combine it with data we collect directly through our services.
How we share information ?
We may share information about you as set out below.
With other ENZYM users. In particular, we may share the following data:
- Information about you, such as your username, profile picture, introductory phrase. So remember when you create your profile that it is public and can be seen by the rest of the community that is nearby (- 80 meters).
- Your precise position, if and only if the user is nearby (within a radius of 80 meters)
- Your approximate position if the user is more than 80 meters (in the form of a pink cloud)
- Information on the time of meetings and friendships in the history tab
- If you send your friends a message, picture, video, or emoji, we share that information with that friend, or group of friends.
With third parties. Specifically
With our partners and service providers. We may pass information about you to providers who perform services on our behalf, and to our partners who provide certain services and features, within a specific framework.
With third parties for legal reasons. We may disclose information about you, if we believe its disclosure is necessary to:
Comply with a valid legal process or administrative request, or comply with laws, rules and regulations.
Investigate and remedy any violations of the Terms of Service for the Service, or even sanction them.
To protect our rights, property and safety or that of users or others.
Identify and correct fraud and security issues.
The following data is kept as long as you actively use the ENZYM application
- Your email address and username
- Your profile picture
- Your introductory sentence
- Friend requests, and your friend list
- Your chats, your voice messages and their transcription as well as your images
- Position data
- Information about your phone and the use of ENZYM
Control over your information
- Position. You can switch to “Ghost” mode at any time in the settings. This mode will allow you to no longer be seen by nearby players with your photo on the map (under 80m) or as an approximate pink cloud by players over 80m away.
- Access. We make every effort to let you access and modify most of the information we hold about you. This is mainly done in the profile part of the app. If you need to access, correct, or delete any other personal information we may have, you can contact us at email@example.com. However, we may ask you to confirm your identity or provide us with additional information before allowing you to access or update your information.
- Suppression. It is very easy to delete certain information in the app, such as the friends that you have added. If you want to delete your geolocation history, you will have to delete your account. As the application is based on this geolocation history, it is impossible for us to reset your geolocation data only.
- Deletion of the account. We will always be sorry to see you go, but if you want to delete your account you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Restoration of the account. If you have asked us to delete your account ... and you change your mind and want to reinstate it, you have 30 days to do so; after this time, we delete your information from our servers. During this period, your account is not visible to other users.
Our services are not intended for minors under the age of 18, and we do not offer them to them. This is why we knowingly do not collect data from anyone under the age of 18.